Wednesday 7 November 2012

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

UK Release: 3rd October 2012
Watched in the Cinema: Thursday 1st November 2012 
Rating: 12A
Genre: Drama, Romance
Runtime: 1hr 12mins
Tagline: We are infinite.
IMDb Plot Synopsis: Based on the novel written by Stephen Chbosky, this is about 15-year-old Charlie (Logan Lerman), an endearing and naive outsider, coping with first love (Emma Watson), the suicide of his best friend, and his own mental illness while struggling to find a group of people with whom he belongs. The introvert freshman is taken under the wings of two seniors, Sam and Patrick, who welcome him to the real world.

My Review: There was so much anticipation going into this film, so much build up that I knew that I was treading on dangerous ground hyping it up so much. It was almost inevitable that it would fail to live up to expectations. 
And yet, despite all odds, it completely lived up to them - if not exceeded them. I cannot begin to tell you how relieved I was, as well as enthralled by how beautiful a creation this film is. 
It is everything I thought it would be. 
It has that indie quirky style of the perfect modern coming if age film which incredible actors and an amazing soundtrack and even better - a plot that wasn’t predictable but was surprising and clever. 
It was something close to perfect and one of my favourite films of the year. I can’t wait to see it again!

Score: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...