Tuesday 16 October 2012

Sex and the City (TV Recap & 1st Movie Review)

UK Release: 28th May 2008
Watched on DVD: Sunday 30th September 2012
Rating: 15
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
Runtime: 2hrs 25mins
Tagline: Get Carried Away.
IMDb Plot Synopsis: A New York writer on sex and love is finally getting married to her Mr. Big. But her three best girlfriends must console her after one of them inadvertently leads Mr. Big to jilt her.

My Review: Following my review of the first season, a couple months ago, I thought I’d recap how I felt after watching the very last episode of season 6 and what I thought of the movie, after having seen the TV series. Naturally, it completely changed my view of it! I saw it once a year or so ago and wasn’t much of a fan but obviously now I know the characters it became more meaningful for me - you definitely need to have seen at least some of the TV series for it to be worth watching! 
I adored the following seasons of Sex and The City, favourite storylines being Charlotte and Trey, Charlotte and Harry  Carrie and Aidan(!) and Miranda and Steve. There was just so much drama and as I barely remembered anything from having seen the movie (seeing as I disliked it so much) it was all fresh to me and it was a wonderful journey that I was very said to see end. 
Now onto the movie and it is generally perceived as not being very good (probably by male critics!) and I think I agreed before. You definitely have to have a vested interest in the characters and know all the background in order to have any emotions toward the film. Especially as so much of it is skimmed over and also because it is so long! It’s quite indulgent in it’s length I think. Even now that I am a fan I still think almost 2 and a half hours is way too long for any film! Overall it was a fun way to round off the series (I shan’t be dipping my toes into the second movie however as I’ve heard it’s dire) even if the tone didn’t quite cross over successfully.

Score: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...