Wednesday 26 September 2012

Can't Buy Me Love

UK Release: 14th August 1987
Watched online: Thursday 13th September 2012
Rating: 15
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
Runtime: 1hr 34mins
Tagline: Ronald is making an investment in his senior year. He's hiring the prettiest cheerleader in school to be his girlfriend.
IMDb Plot Synopsis: Ronald Miller is tired of being a nerd, and makes a deal with one of the most popular girls in school to help him break into the "cool" clic. He offers her a thousand dollars to pretend to be his girlfriend for a month. It succeeds, but he soon learns that the price of popularity may be higher than he expected.

A Quick Review: When I sat down to watch this I wasn’t prepared for how much I would love it! It is simply the most perfect 80s high school movie starring the adorably dorky Patrick Dempsey from years gone by! I was inspired to see it after it was featured in Easy A and I can't believe I hadn't heard about it until now! It’s so funny - properly, properly hilarious - and oh so sweet to boot. Ultimately, it’s a classic and a must-see!

Score: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...