Thursday 16 August 2012

Valkyrie

UK Release: 23rd January 2009
Watched on DVD: Saturday 21st July 2012
Rating: 12A
Genre: Drama, History, Thriller
Runtime: 2hrs 1min
Tagline: Many saw evil. They dared to stop it.
IMDb Plot Synopsis: Based on actual events, a plot to assassinate Hitler is unfurled during the height of WWII.

My Review: I wasn’t impressed with this film. The fact that it wasn’t big blockbuster may also attest to that but then it is a little darker and has elements of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy to it. And yet I was bored by it, as it was just so long and ridiculous by the end. Tom Cruise is not at all my favourite actor so that didn’t help but others such as Bill Nighy were good. 
It became predictable and just wasn’t as thrilling as I was hoping. It’s still a reasonable film but it is very much aimed at the male audience who enjoy the politics and tactics of war and as well as the explosions and fighting. 
It was just not for me!

Score: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...