Sunday 29 July 2012

July: Top 20 (Part 1)

Hello and welcome to this month's round up of music, where I go through my top 20 songs of July 2012! This month I've been in quite a summer-y mood - even if the weather wasn't! And therefore there are quite a few ones to chill out to in the sun or to get up and have a dance. Take a look at numbers 20-11 and come back tomorrow to find out what made my number one spot...
20. The Vaccines - No Hope
The Vaccines. One of the few quality indie bands around these days and consistently powerful retro brilliant songs. This is no exception.
kid on a bike


19. Sam And The Womp - Bom Bom
This is a bit of odd song I must admit. And the video even weirder. But it's fun and bizarre and sometimes you need that in your life!
What even


18. RJD2 - A Beautiful Mine
Ahhh, Mad Men. An obsession I've devleoped and nurtured this month as I'm half way through season 2. And I just can't get enough of this theme song. It's just so classy and perfect for Mad Men. 
Class


17. Misha B - Home Run
This song is rather addictive. With a great voice and catchy lyrics but a hint of something more, Misha B might well be a new artist to follow.
Colourful dancing

16. Alt-J Tessellate
I've been hearing this float around this month with no particular feelings towards it. It's only the past few days that I've actually sat down and appreciated it. It's hard to pin down and I like that.
Painting life


15. Rudimental (feat. John Newman) - Feel The Love
This has to be my official summer anthem by now. I've just been in love with it for months and it doesn't seem to be going away yet.
horsing around


14. Nicki Minaj - Pound The Alarm
Uh... yeah. This song is pretty awful but it's been kind of a guilty pleasure and fun to turn up and sing along to in the car! 
stripes


13. Wiley (feat. Rymez & Ms D) - Heatwave
Now this really is one for the summer and came about just as the sun came out so perfect timing all round! Turn it up!
Pool party

12. Plan B - Lost My Way
Plan B does it again with a catchy dark track that gets stuck in your head. Adore.
tour

11. Knife Party - Bonfire
I'm still loving this track and how could you not it's just perfection. One for your stereo...
bonfire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...