Tuesday 29 May 2012

May: Top 20 (Part 1)

Welcome to May 2012's Top 20! This is where I run down my top 20 songs from the past month and today we're starting off with numbers 20-11. Before we go on I must make a shout out to Nelly Furtado's new single Big Hoops (Bigger The Better) which I have been loving but sadly did not make the list - but it's still worth checking out!
Check back tomorrow to find out what made my number one spot!
20. Nicki Minaj - Starships
Can Nicki Minaj get any weirder? Apparently not if this video is anything to go by! This song has been knocking around for ever now but it still puts a smile on my face and so it's clinging on still!
aliens


19. The Wanted - Chasing The Sun
The Wanted have been enjoying a lot of success in the US recently and thankfully this hasn't affected the quality of this new Summer song - something I feel they do best if Glad You Came is anything to go by!
Summer Nights


18. Labrinth - Express Yourself
This song has an excellent wacky upbeat nature that's perfect for lifting the mood during revision! It's perfect for a sing-a-long too!
Fresh Prince


17. Twin Atlantic - Make A Beast Of Myself
I've been loving this song for a while now too, but it just hasn't got old yet! Every time I catch it on the radio I can't help but turn it up. It's a brilliant rock song with a scottish twist - I mean that accent... *melts*
Car Trouble


16. Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
You have to have been a cave the past few months to have escaped this song! It has well and truly swept the nation and is almost too catchy for it's own good!
garage music


15. Rihanna - Where Have You Been?
I think it's got to the point now where I can't imagine a Rihanna song that isn't good! Yet again she'd done it and Where Have You Been has seeped into the subconscious! Definitely excited to see her live in less than a month!! 
Tribal Dance


14. Professor Green (feat. Ruth Anne) - Remedy
After hearing this last month I knew I was on to a winner. There's something about it, that beat perhaps, it just gets me excited! Repeat, repeat!
One hell of a party


13. fun. (feat. Janelle Monae) - We Are Young
For some reason this generally comes on when I'm getting ready and I've found it to be the perfect song to get me in the mood for the day. It has a fun uplifting chorus, it's easy to sing along to and those drums are just delicious!
food fight


12. DJ Fresh (feat. Dizzee Rascal) - The Power
I have to admit I wasn't sure about this song at first. But as the sun crawled out of the crowds this month it became one to dance to! And it's definitely nice to hear Dizzee again!
Sun sun sun


11. Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso - Calling (Lose My Mind)
Woah, the first time I heard this I wacked it up and loved it! And ever since it's put me in a fantastic dancing mood that is 100% needed as my exams are only 2 weeks away! Lots of upbeat dance songs are the only way I'm surviving and this one certainly does the trick!!
Touring Sounds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...