Saturday 14 April 2012

The Hangover

UK Release: 12th June 2009
Watched on DVD: Tuesday 27th March 2012
Rating: 15
Genre: Comedy
Runtime: 1hr 40mins
Tagline: Some guys just can't handle Vegas
IMDb Plot Synopsis: A Las Vegas-set comedy centered around three groomsmen who lose their about-to-be-wed buddy during their drunken misadventures, then must retrace their steps in order to find him.

My Review: Oh my gosh, why didn’t anyone tell me just how INCREDIBLY funny the Hangover is?! Yes you said it was good, hilarious may have even come up but... wow, this goes beyond funny! The Hangover has reached legendary status in the comedy world and after watching it I can see why. It takes comedy to new extremes! Every line is hilarious - either obviously so or subtle - there is something for everyone. 
It felt similar to Due Date in that it was just so unpredictable there was absolutely no way of knowing where it could go next. This may well have been due to the fact that Zach Galifianakis starred in both films. And the hilarious talent didn’t stop there Ed Helms and Bradley Cooper were fantastic too and the whole group had a great chemistry where you could just tell they were all having the time of their lives. 
I loved it so much I even re-watched again in the evening - something I don’t think I’ve ever done - so that must prove how brilliant this film is. And it is the kind of film that you can re-watch over and over as there is just so much comedy that you pick up on a new joke every time. 
So if you ever feel down I would definitely recommend watching The Hangover as it is excellent fun and cheers you up no end! 
Score: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...