Monday 30 April 2012

April: Top 20 (Part 2)

Hello! And welcome to Part 2 of April 2012's Top 20 music playlist. In this edition I'll run through the remaining ten songs left until we reach my number one song of the month. Who will it be this time? Let's find out...
10. Connor Maynard - Can't Say No
This song has been one of those songs that you forget about and then you hear it on the radio and BAM! it's stuck in your head again for the rest of the day. It's just way too catchy!
Houston, I think we have a party

9. Alexandra Burke (feat. Erick Morillo) - Elephant
I didn't want to like this song but there was no getting away from it - it's a fun pop song with some surprisingly clever lyrics that aren't like every other dance tune.
Where's the elephant?


8. Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
This has become a juggernaut this month and has been number one for ages! It's the epitome of catchy pop and there was just no escaping it! Turn it up...
car wash


7. Nicki Minaj - Starships
Featuring again this month, what can I say? It's just a ridiculous song that makes no sense but... it's addictive!
At last a video! ... wtf did I just watch?!


6. Lana Del Rey - Blue Jeans
If it was up to me this would be number one for the rest of year! Yet I had to push it down to 6 in order to give the little guys a chance! This song has been at the very foundation of April for me, right in the subconscious and there's no question it's in my Top 20 of the year. I can't wait to see her live in a couple months!!
Dark Depths


5. fun. (feat. Janelle Monae) - We Are Young
Similar to Gotye's hit, this one crept up on me as a upbeat feel-good belter with some darker depths that I just relish. I love to sing this while getting ready in the morning as it's the perfect way to get you in the mood for the day!
bar fight


4. Azealia Banks (feat. Lazy Jay) - 212
This song has attitude! That beat, the rap, the vibe - excellent!
black and white girl


3. Alex Clare - Too Close
Wow. The bassline on this song gives me goosebumps every time! I may have only discovered it about a week ago but I'm so obsessed with it that it couldn't not place any less than top 3!
super warriors


2. Calvin Harris (feat. Ne-Yo) - Let's Go
I defy you not to dance to this song! Last month I noted that, knowing myself, I would love this at the end of April and guess what?! I do! Calvin Harris does it once again and gives us the song of the summer...
why does this not have a video yet?!


1. Jay Z & Kanye West - Paris
What can I say? I am just head over heels in love with this song. I love to dance to it, sing to it the whole lot. I'm encapsulated by the video and I adore how the song makes me feel. It never fails to cheer me up and put me in a good mood and I always get a big grin on my face when I hear the opening notes. And those drums... I love it!
Excuse my french but I'm in France.. I'm just saying

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...