Sunday 29 April 2012

April: Top 20 (Part 1)

Welcome to April 2012's Top 20 songs from the past month that I adored! There's a huge variety this month with entries from Band of Skulls to Carly Rae Jepsen - something for everyone! 
Read on for 20-11 and check back tomorrow to find out what made my number one spot!
20. Twin Atlantic - Make A Beast Of Myself
After Free, I quickly fell in love with this Glaswegian band. Catchy pop rock that you can sing-a-long to in a Scottish accent... sold!
scary walking

19. Swedish House Mafia - Greyhound
Although not their catchiest this is still a song you turn up in the car and rave to; which is my kind of song!
virtual dog race


18. Alex Day - Lady Godiva (Michael Aranda Remix)
On the 1st of April Alex Day (aka Nerimon off of YouTube) released his new single 'Lady Godiva'. In order to help him get to the top of the charts there were many remixes made including this one which I really loved. While the original was a cheesy pop song, this was a dance/rock remix with a bit more depth to it.
8-Bit Emotion


17. Band of Skulls - Sweet Sour
A fantastic rock song with plenty of attitude to hand-bang to in the car!
Kid Rocking


16. Mel Torme - Comin' Home Baby
A little bit of old-school that I revisited this month! A classic to groove out to...
An Education


15. Tulisa - Young
This is one heck of a catchy dance number from N-Dubz's Tulisa. I have to Admit I was surprised to hear something so dance-y from the hiphop star but I love it!
American Antics


14. Professor Green (feat. Ruth Anne) - Remedy
I only heard this song a few days ago and already I can tell it's going to be a belter! With a great beat and many a star appearance in his excellent video, I like it! Future Number One?!
Greatest Party Ever?


13. Childish Gambino - Heartbeat
With a beautiful introduction, the song has an addictive bassline that sticks in your head for days...
Sun Rays


12. Flux Pavilion (feat. Example) - Daydreamer
A big dance tune I just can't help but head bang to - the baseline just seeps into your heartbeat. And Example gives it that extra edge...
Colourful Escape


12. D'banj - Oliver Twist

I actually first heard this on the New Year's Eve fireworks display on the telly and thanks to some help from The Guardian(!) I promptly fell for it. It's fun to hear on the radio as with that beat you just can't help but wiggle your hips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...