Thursday 1 March 2012

February: Top 20 (Part 2)

Welcome to Part 2 of February 2012's Top 20 list looking at the Top 20 songs that I've adored this month! Read on to find out who made the number one spot...


10. Flo Rida (feat. Sia) - Wild Ones
This song works thanks to Sia's warbling vocals that make up one catchy melody. While I've never liked Flo Rida really his songs do have a habit of working their way up to the top of my playlists and they never fail to put a smile on my face...
feel good times


9. Chiddy Bang - Ray Charles
Ray Charles is infectiously retro that is perfect for swinging your hips to in the kitchen. It manages to combine old and new sounds amazingly well!
1965 performance


8. Snow Patrol - I'll Never Let Go
Another album track from Snow Patrol which opened the concert a couple of weeks ago. It is strong and anthem-y and could well be the next single...
you said out loud


7. Swedish House Mafia vs Knife Party - Antidote
Still going strong from the moment I heard this last year I knew Antidote was special and it continues to give me goosebumps. Love.
nights a-blast


6. Madeon - Icarus
This isn't just any old dance tune this is a stand up incredible dance tune! I absolutely love this song it has an intensity behind it that is hard to find these days...
spaceship


5. Snow Patrol - This isn't Everything You Are
This song is not only heartbreakingly beautiful but the narrative behind it so so raw and honest that it brings tears to my eyes. That's the beauty of Snow Patrol - they don't have to sing about love all the time but also messed-up confusing grief too and I respect them all the more for it...
common ballroom fights


4. David Guetta (feat. Sia) - Titanium

This is one powerhouse of the song which has been everywhere this past month! My feelings have grown and grown for it until now where it's become a real contender for the top spot. 
chasing light


3. Snow Patrol - In The End
Their most recent single took time to grow on me but after seeing them perform this live it found a new meaning with me and I now can't believe I didn't see its magic from the off!
staged


2. Gotye (feat. Kimbra) - Somebody That I Used To Know
This was so close to being the number one spot this month and it mightily deserves everything it gets. It is insanely catchy and the melody has somehow seeped its way into my very soul. And the video (with almost a 95 million views!)...
a piece of art


1. Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
This is gorgeous. The beat, her voice: I cannot get enough of this song! It's magnificently put together and looks likely to be on my Top 20 of 2012! I'm very much excited to see what Lana Del Rey does next...
Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...