Saturday 1 October 2011

September: Top 20 (Part 2)

Welcome to the second part of September's Top 20! I've reached number 10 and am counting down to my number 1, so click to find out what I deemed to be the best song of September! Enjoy...


10. Noah and the Whale - Life is Life
Noah and the Whale were the support band for Arcade Fire when I went to see them a month ago in the MEN Arena. And while many people didn't seem to really 'know' them, if anything I knew Noah and The Whale more, so thoroughly enjoyed their set. Since then I got the CD for my Dad's birthday and thus I've been hearing a lot of them lately. This song is one of my favourites...
Cheerleader's watermelon running dream


9. Snow Patrol - Called Out In The Dark
Snow Patrol have been and always will be one of my favourite bands, with Final Straw being in my Top 3 albums of all time, so of course any new singles of theirs would be right on my radar. And while it took a while to grow on me, I've steadily grown to love this song - and the video - even more!
Gary tries to get in shot...


8. Two Door Cinema Club - Undercover Martyn
My love for their album is still going strong, this being one of my favourites, helped by the constant radio play over the past month, meaning I end up listening to it at least 3 times a day!
Lazy playing


7. Calvin Harris - Feel So Close
My song of the summer and almost certainly in my top 5 songs of the year, Feel So Close is one of the best Calvin Harris songs he's ever made. And the video is gorgeous.
Sunset Dancing Deserts and more


6. Marina & The Diamonds - Radioactive
I wasn't sure what to to think when I first heard this song. But after hearing it almost every time I turn on the radio in the car it has situated itself in my head. I just love the energy and Marina's unusual voice...
Blonde wig on the run


5. Rihanna - Cheers (Drink To That)
"Yea-eah, yea-eah, yea-eaah": Cheers is certainly one catchy, stay-in-your-head-all-day tune. I have nothing but love for this track and the lovely lady Rihanna.
Rihanna behind the scenes!


4. Olly Murs (feat. Rizzle Kicks) - Heart Skips A Beat
A dream duo in the, slightly on the cheesy side Olly Murs and the super cool and street Rizzle Kicks creating one feel-good, urban song.
Skate Park Record


3. Nero - Crush On You
Nero can do no wrong in my eyes. Crush On You is maybe slightly less 'pop' than their previous singles but that's why I love it! Keep it up Nero!
School Boy Player Goes Very Wrong


2. Two Door Cinema Club - Come Back Home
This melodic beauty had a very special place in my heart. Great for rocking out to in the kitchen whilst washing up! It's the only thing that makes it bearable!
Time Streaming Accident


1. Arcade Fire - Rococo
This month's number 1 is quite a personal one but doesn't make it any less beautiful! I truly believe this is Arcade Fire's most powerful song to date, and when I went to see them at the end of August in Manchester, I weren't to know how much of n impact they'd have on me for the coming month. Listen and marvel...
Wow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...