Tuesday 15 February 2011

PS. I Love You

UK Release: 4th January 2008
Watched on: Sunday 6th February 2011
Rating: 12A
Runtime: 2hrs 6 mins
Tagline: His life ended. Now, a new one will begin. 


IMDb Plot Summary: A young widow discovers that her late husband has left her 10 messages intended to help ease her pain and start a new life.

A Quick Review: As it was Valentine’s day yesterday, it’s probably about the time to review one of the ultimate modern rom-coms - PS. I Love You. 
PS. I Love You is a sweet, heart warming film that fully fulfills the purpose of a romantic comedy. 
I had read the book before seeing the film the first time a few year ago now, so when I saw it repeated on TV the other week I sat down and watched it again. Once again a warm feeling crept into my heart, as tis film is genuinely full of emotion, with some great acting from the not only the leads (Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler), but also Kathy Bates, Harry Connick Jr. and Lisa Kudrow do a stand out job as the supporting cast. 
Perhaps it’s because of my gender (the target audience), but I found it to be the perfect Sunday afternoon film, that brought a smile to my face. 
Score: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...